Wednesday 20 May 2009

On anticipation

Tomorrow I'm heading off to the Dorset coast for a few days. Back to St Aldelhm's Head where I had my recent encounter with the peregrine. I'm also spending some time in around Weymouth - hoping to get some photos of terns.

The last time I spent any time watching such birds was a group of South American Terns on my last day in the Falkland Islands. The sky was a uniform grey which provided very poor contrast with these predominantly white birds. that I wasn't really happy with any of the photos. I was, however, impressed by the glorious wing and body shapes of these birds.

1 comment:

  1. We got the same idea, I just posted on arctic tern today!! Funny to see them moving and really hard to shot them!!! Great shot here and beautiful light on it. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to comment on my blog!