Sunday 31 October 2010

Autumn showers

The weather seems to be up to its old tricks again. Lovely while I'm at work or otherwise engaged. Overcast or raining when I get out with the camera. I had a fantastic walk in the Forest of Dean on Friday - the autumn leaves are looking spectacular - but the light was so dull it was pointless even getting the camera out.

And Saturday morning was glorious, but it rained as soon as I got to the park. On the plus side I managed a shot of a magpie in the car park. Okay, so a magpie is not that exciting really - I see them all the time. But surprisingly I think this is the first time I've actually managed to get a shot of one.

Magpie

5 comments:

  1. And it is a cool shot Ian... Sometime we just forget to press the button when we see common birds, but they are also beautiful to get pictures of ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They maybe common but that's a beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian your image is far more superior of this Black billed Magpie, then mine were a couple of weeks ago~ Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to comment on my blog!